Here's to starting over

 Photo Credit: The Sleeping Willow
 “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” ―F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Hello world. My name is Amanda, I'm a design student, and I've been an on-again, off-again blogger for 10+ years. At this point I honestly cannot tell you how many times I have deleted a blog, only to begin anew elsewhere. In my older age (24 is old right? I mean compared to 14 it's ancient!) I would love nothing more than to stop the madness and stay committed to one blog indefinitely.

I think my blog abandonment issues stem from two main problems:
  1. I am always more concerned with the design of my blog than I am about actually posting on it.
  2. I struggle with choosing a blogging platform and sticking with it.
The year ahead of me is going to be crazy, wonderful, and incredibly stressful. I am graduating college in May, getting married sometime in the Summer, and then it will be time for the great (or not so great) postgraduate job hunt. I want to document this time in my life. I want to get more serious about blogging. I want a presence and I want to be heard.

Here's hoping this attempt sticks. Here's hoping you'll be along for the ride with me.

xo AR

No comments:

Post a Comment